The difference between MINI PC and ordinary computer:
- Most MINI PCs use chips with U, that is, low-power chips, the power consumption of the whole machine is about 10W-25W; ordinary desktop computers naturally use desktop chips, and the power consumption of the whole machine is about 150W-300W.
- Most MINI PC use low-voltage memory, that is, notebook memory sticks, such as DDR3L or DDR4L, DDR3L voltage is 1.35V, DDR4L voltage is 1.02V; and ordinary desktop computers use standard voltage memory sticks, such as DDR3, DDR4, etc. DDR3 voltage is 1.5V, DDR4 voltage is 1.2V.
- MINI PCs generally support 2.5-inch notebook mechanical hard drives and solid state drives, and ordinary computers support 3.5-inch mechanical hard drives and solid state drives.
4. Most of the MINI PC are fanless design, heat dissipation through the shell and internal heat sink, for some extremely high performance needs, they will use the miniature intelligent silent fan and the shell together to dissipate heat; ordinary host generally designed with fan to assist heat dissipation.
5. MINI PCs are generally quite small in size and can be hung on a monitor or wall. There is a special VESA standard mount; ordinary computers are generally large in size and need to be placed in a special location. Ordinary computers emit more heat and are generally placed Under or next to the desk
6. Most MINI PCs adopt integrated solutions. CPU, graphics card, sound card, etc. are basically integrated on the motherboard; ordinary computers are not biased towards integration or independent display, and almost all have their own users and markets.
The commonalities between MINI PC and ordinary computers:
1）It can meet the needs of more than 90 daily computer users
2）Memory, hard disk, WiFi, 4G module, etc. can be freely expanded
3）There should be all IO interfaces, such as HDMI/DP/VGA/LAN/COM/USB, etc.
4）Support multi-screen display (synchronous or independent display), such as dual display, triple display, etc.
Comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of MINI PC and ordinary computer：
1. MINI PC mainframe is small in size, can stand, lie down and hang, and is convenient to carry; while ordinary computer mainframe is bulky, relatively heavy, not easy to carry, and the placement method is also very simple, and it takes up more space.
- MINI PCs are mostly fanless designs, which have basically zero noise during operation, which also reduces the problem of failure caused by the fan; the fan of the ordinary computer has a louder rotation, because the failure problem caused by the fan is more common.
- MINI PC mainframe has low power consumption, while ordinary computer mainframe power consumption is relatively high. In terms of energy saving and power saving, MINI PC mainframe is better
- The MINI PC integration solution can be used in many areas in terms of performance, and even some areas cannot be satisfied by ordinary computers, such as robot control, etc., but cannot satisfy high-level game players. After all, the performance of the graphics card is restricted; ordinary hosts are configured for player levels Independently visible, generally can greatly meet the needs of players
- The MINI PC has a compact structure, no internal cable connection, and has higher shock resistance and stability than the complicated internal wiring of ordinary computers.